Section Shed & Motor Car
About the exhibit
Built around 1906 and originally located at Chipley, Florida. The railroad was divided into sections about 10 miles long. These sections were maintained by a “Section Gang” under the supervision of a “Section Foreman.” One of these houses was located at each section and contained the gang’s tools and motor car. All buildings of the Louisville and Nashville were built to standard plan, so that all tool houses whether in Florida or Kentucky were similar in appearance. Donated by the CSXT in 1993 and moved to the Museum by Deep South Crane Co., Pensacola, Florida. It now houses the Museum’s display of track tools.