L&N Dining Car No. 2722
About the exhibit
Built in 1929 by American Car and Foundry in Saint Louis for the Louisville and Nashville Railroad. Named “Globe Coffee House,” this car saw extensive service on L&N named trains. It had a seating capacity of 36 with a crew of nine.
After it was taken out of service it was used in Pensacola and Montgomery, Alabama wrecker service.
In 1942 the L&N named several of their dining cars for hotels and restaurants along their route. Our “Globe Coffee House” appears to have been named for a restaurant in Cincinnati, Ohio, founded by renowned restaurateur Lew Boman in the 1800s.
Looking for a good spot to host a birthday party or other group event? We offer private rentals of the dining car—click here for more information!