Frisco Caboose No. 1102
About the exhibit
All-steel cupola caboose built in 1934 by American Car and Foundry for the Santa Fe Railroad, sold to the Saint Louis-San Francisco Railway (Frisco) in 1965. Modified by the Frisco for local service as their #1102 then renumbered to Burlington Northern Railroad #1105 after the Frisco merged into the Burlington Northern Railroad in 1980. The caboose was retired in 1983 and sold to Southern Scrap of Pensacola, who in turn donated it to the Museum in 1989.